- Pumpkin seeds. Cleaned up, boiled in salted water till they turn gray, and roasted in a coating of corn oil for 10-ish minutes at 350 degrees. Ideally they should be stirred very often and watched carefully. Mine didn't burn; I don't know why not! Very tasty transformation.
- My skin. Not enough water yesterday whilst shopping. Yes, we are such sensitive plants in this family. At least I'm fortunate enough to not get all woozy and faint when I'm dehydrated. Just crispy...lovely.
- Pie crust. Ideally, that is. I spent too much time researching pie crust recipes today. Now I'm scared to try making one. "My name is Beth, and I am not smarter than a 5th grade...I mean I have NEVER made pie crust from scratch"
- Watching "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" I justify this in my mind because I can craft at the same time. Hey, that's how I justify most of the TV I watch! Not that I watch that much...tightwads don't get too many channels. :)
- Again with the watching...this time "The Next Great American Band". This show is sort of what American Idol should be. I was crocheting last night so I didn't vote for any of the bands. SOMEONE in our house voted for The Clark Brothers and Tres Bien. I think I like Tres Bien best so far, or maybe the Clark Brothers. I find myself strangely fascinated by Ellipsis, but I lived through the 80s once already...don't really want to do it again.
- Trying to make decisions. I waste way too much time being indecisive. I can't decide how much detail I want to share about that. Well, as one example, I wanted a blog for over a year but didn't start one because I couldn't think of a name.
Things I did today:
- Made chili for tomorrow's lunch
- Made hamburger buns
- Roasted pumpkin seeds (getting lots of blogging mileage out of those pumpkins, aren't I?)
- Made some Christmas gift decisions...I think
- Washed sheets and blankets
- Researched pie crust
- Explained to my husband that my entire blog entry does NOT consist of my to-do list for the day, and that yes, I DO like me some lists