Thursday, February 14, 2008

Do I HAVE a brain?

Okay, so I forgot the MOST important thing I wanted to mention in the Valentine's Day post.

On Monday, Tom took the day off work so we could run around and shop and do fun stuff like that. In the morning while Natalie and I were getting some laundry and stuff done around the house, he redesigned my blog for me!

I love it; it is exactly what I wanted. The cat image in the banner expresses perfectly the whole idea of "the cat in the adage". The cat sits there, wanting to catch a fish, but afraid to get its paws wet..."letting 'I dare not' wait upon 'I would'". He even adjusted all the colors so the links and sidebars, etc. show up exactly the way I want them.

Aren't I lucky to be married to a Professional Web Designer?

Thank you, Sweetie!

11 comments:

Natalie said...

The cat adjusted the colors??

Hee-hee...

Beth said...

Arrggghhhh...I'm reading a book about people like you...first-born, perfectionistic, nitpicky people...people who notice when the pronouns and the antecedents don't match up...

Of course, I couldn't possibly understand what it's like to have that kind of personality....gag...choke...

Rebecca said...

Silly first-born people! :P

Beth said...

Hey, Rebecca, according to this book you should have many of the same personality traits since you're the first-born girl in your family. So there. :)

Jim said...

Reading a book about birth order, are we?

What's next? Extolling the spiritual virtues of vitamins and lambsquarters? :)

Beth said...

Jim, you're just acting so much like a choleric first-born son who is still the middle child, and who needs more magnesium and Vitamin B in his diet.

Next week on "The Cat In The Adage": Myers-Briggs personality testing, liver, and collard greens...The Cat is middle-aged and must conform to all family stereotypes.

Rebecca said...

Oh no! I don't seem to have the picky grammar trait...but maybe I am nitpicky about other things...

Do I need more Vitamin B too, or is that just for first-born sons??

Beth said...

You'll have to ask your grandma; I'm not an expert yet. I would guess that you probably need more of many different vitamins. And probably some brown rice and lima beans. :)

mandolinartist said...

Well, must I confess I am also the first born!

Man, I've never heard so much "mushy stuff" from the Cat, dropping "Sweeties" Here and talking about dinners there...

jennwa said...

I love the picture of the cat it is so cute.
You are very lucky you married a web designer. If mine was a web designer he would be chaning mine all the time because I like changing things all the time.

Shari said...

I like it. The picture of the cat, and all the colors looks really good together. It's very clean, uncluttered and easy to read. I am married to a web designer, but I have to get my son to help me. My husband would probably find the time to help, but he knows my son can do it and needs the practice.