Thursday, May 29, 2008

If it's random it must be Thursday...

Haven't had a random post for a while so here we go...wait, I have to remember the code for bullet points...okay, got it.

Warning for young people...this post wandered off and got needlessly mushy. If you are shocked and also appalled at the mere thought of people older than 30 acting romantic you should bail out now. Go listen to some Coldplay on your little Ipods and wait to get older. :)

•I have this song stuck in my head now, but Natalie says I have the tune wrong when I hum it.

•Should I listen to it a few more times to get the tune right? Eek! Okay, listening now whilst typing. Hey, I like that it starts out like "Heart and Soul"!

•I made Tom listen to this last night and now he's calling me his "personal penguin". Sweet :)

•Colin is in the back yard building a "structure". Should be interesting.

•We survived the homeschool convention without hearing any Man With A Plan seminars!

•David Cook won American Idol! (And there was very great rejoicing...)

• Which line makes me remember that at the NCHE convention someone was selling ukeleles and many young men, perhaps hoping to be the next Jason Castro, were strolling/sitting/standing around plinking and plunking on the dang things just to annoy me.

•And when I saw my third batch of ukelele players in one short morning I could only think this: "Then the winter came, and they were forced to eat Sir Robin's minstrels. And there was great rejoicing."

•Sir Robin's minstrels probably tasted better than the food sold at the concession stand at the convention center.

•In a sudden burst of brain waves I figured out last week why some people in our family think Natalie looks like David Cook.

•If I had a scanner I could post a photo of my husband at about the same age as DC...you would all have an "aha" moment with me.

•Although Tom's hair is lighter and he has blue eyes. And he was then and certainly still is now much hotter than DC.

•Yes, still. Because, as much as it will gross out you young whippersnappers, maturity is very sexy. Even when you've been married for over 20 years.

•When you've been married for over 20 years you know when it is safe to call your wife names like "my personal penguin".

•Free advice for any young men still reading...if you've not been married for long don't call your wife any animal names till you know her better.

•This goes double if she happens to be pregnant. (I do not speak from personal experience on this one...Tom was wise beyond his years when we married.)

•Or follow the example of King Solomon and stick with the slimmer, more graceful and attractive animals.

•Our pastor has a hilarious drawing he got in seminary of the Shulamite woman pictured literally as Solomon described her in the Song of Solomon.

•Colin just came in hollering because he thought he had a spider "attached to my body!!"

•It was a Daddy Long Legs and it was just wandering over the back of his shirt.

•I didn't see any sign of the "structure" when I took the DLL back outside. Instead there was much evidence of a water gun being loaded, shot, and reloaded.

•I am very hungry, though perhaps not hungry enough to eat Sir Robin's Minstrels.

•I always get very hungry on Thursdays when Natalie cooks supper. There is no real rational explanation for this.

•My new china cabinet is all aired out and cleaned out and ready to be filled up. Somebody is supposed to be crawling around in the attic finding my boxes of Depression Glass...

•Someday I will get this blog fixed up a bit with columns on the side showing what I'm reading.

•Or would it be better to just have a post now and then with lists of books I've read and some commentary on them? Hmmm....

•Is this enough bullet points yet?

•If this were a PowerPoint presentation would my husband be reeling in horror?

•Yes, he would...ergo, enough bullet points!

Time to go find some lunch!





4 comments:

rebecca said...

Haha. I love randomness.

Or would it be better to just have a post now and then with lists of books I've read and some commentary on them?

I was going to do that, and wrote a big long post, and then I had to go to art class and just closed the window for some inexplicable reason and the post is gone. So maybe I won't be doing that now...

Courtney said...

love the bullet points! Also your book list idea. You could combine the two - do a list in your sidebar - then do individual blog posts about each title...then you could link the titles to the posts...so people could see what you're reading at a glance, but then click the titles to read your review of them in detail? does this make sense? (it does in my head, but...that doesn't always mean anything...)

Courtney said...

PS - extra points for including the word "ergo" in your post

Natalie said...

plinking and plunking on the dang things just to annoy me

And me!

Sir Robin's minstrels probably tasted better than the food sold at the concession stand

Hey, anything would taste better than a 3 dollar corn dog...those mysterious corn dogs! ;)

Alas, we have no scanner.

And I'll get the stuff out of the attic tomorrow.