Thursday, January 15, 2009

Interview Time

This is a meme going around. The questions I'm answering were given to me by Cathy at It Will Be Funny Tomorrow. These are the rules, if you'd like to join in:

1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (And your e-mail address if I don't already have it, please.)
2. I will respond by e-mailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here are the questions Cathy asked me, along with my answers. Some of these were easier than others!

1. Name a person that you admire who has profoundly changed your life and tell us why.

My husband. It might be a little cliched to say this, because marriage is supposed to profoundly change us, so it's not unexpected. But, marrying Tom changed my view of myself in many, many ways. He has always seen potential in me that I don't see in myself, and beauty where I certainly don't see it. I admire him for, among other things, his strength, calmness, and tenacity and trust in God in the face of any kind of adversity. He daily deals with things on his job that would completely do me in, and yet he gets up every morning and faithfully goes in to do battle again. He brings that kind of tenacity and calm to our marriage and family and I would not be the same person I am now without him.

2. What would you most like to be remembered for?

I would like people to say when I am gone that I glorified God in my daily life, and that I was a godly wife and mother. I am very, very far from that ideal.

3. What is your favorite comfort food?

Fried meat (fried chicken, chicken fried steak, or fried pork chops) with mashed potatoes and cream gravy!

4. Tell us one dream you have yet to accomplish, and whether or not you think you'll ever be able to accomplish it.

I would like to visit Ireland, and at this point I don't have any reason to think I will be able to do that. Times change, though, so maybe in years to come it will happen.

5. How are you most comfortable sleeping (be as detailed or brief as you like)

We have a king-sized bed because I am most comfortable sleeping on My.Own.Side of the bed with nobody touching me! I sleep mostly on my left side, with a down-alternative pillow for my head and a squishier pillow to hold. I like flannel sheets in the winter, and flannel top sheet in the summer. I like the room to be cold enough that I can cocoon under my covers without getting hot. I prefer my covers to be untucked at the bottom so I can arrange them around me however I like without my feet feeling trapped. I like several layers of very lightweight blankets rather than one big heavy comforter.

If a cat is sleeping with us, I want her to be either against my back and not pushing or shoving or else over on Tom's side of the bed. I like the room to be as dark and quiet as possible but I don't need white noise. If Tom has to have the ceiling fan running I can tolerate it, but my preference is to not have it blowing on me. If someone else in the house has to get up before me, I prefer that they just go ahead and bang doors and turn on lights. I may or may not be able to sleep through that, but someone sneaking around softly closing doors, tiptoeing, and whispering will always wake me up!

Okay then, I guess you can see what's important to me in life...sheesh! :) I'm a picky sleeper, I admit it.

Leave me a comment if you want to be interviewed and I'll start thinking up some questions.

7 comments:

mandolinartist aka amanda said...

Sure, I'll take an interview!

Cathy said...

Great answers!

rebecca said...

Wanna interview me?

I'm not sure what sort of questions I'll be able to come up with for other people, though...

monique said...

I'm a picky sleeper, too.. and I had to laugh about the sneaking around waking you up!

mandolinartist aka amanda said...

Okay... I posted my interview.

The questions really made me think... Sometimes I certainly have "favorites" without thinking about it, but when it comes to other things, I almost don't want to commit to a favorite because I REALLY like several different ones, such as desserts!

Thanks! This was fun!

agentlejoy said...

Why does sneaking wake us up faster than banging? Perhaps because as mothers we always expect that they're Up To Something when they're quiet.

My least favorite way to wake up is when I hear the floor in my room creaking softly. Is it Jack the Ripper? Is it only a cat or a cat burglar? No! It's my four-year-old with a bad dream. Ack!

rebecca said...

I posted my interview!