Wednesday, March 11, 2009

American Idol Prediction Update

Well, I blew it with my first prediction, didn't I? Kai Kalama didn't even make it to the Final 13, let alone win the whole thing.

But we still have Anoop Desai and Jorge Nunez, both of whom fit my criteria for Statistically Likely To Win Based On Suspect Or Non-Existent Statistics. Unfortunately, both of them did a pretty bad job with Michael Jackson's songs last night. Although, for me, that's a point in their favor, it might not go over so well with those who actually decide about these things.

Speaking of which, Simon and Ryan gave us a teaser last night about a Big Change coming to the judging process. Oooohh....what can it be? Will they be adding yet another judge? Will one of the judges be leaving? Will they be allowing only one vote per phone line?

My theory: they are going to start doing the Sudden Death Singoff routine that they used in Hollywood. The two contestants with the lowest number of votes will each have to sing for the judges on results nights and then the judges will pick which one goes home.

Some more predictions from me...might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb, eh?

•Going home tonight: Allison Iraheta and Kris Allen. Simon was right, Kris lost the little girl votes by mentioning his wife so much. His wife didn't help matters by glaring at Simon instead of looking sweetly and romantically at Kris. Allison's voice is better than some (Megan Joy!) but she doesn't fit into a good voter-friendly niche. She's the screaming rocker, but she's not old enough to have a cool car or bike. There's no tattood husband in the audience, no cute baby at home with Abuelita, she doesn't play an instrument, she doesn't smart off to Simon, there's no hook there.

•Bombing spectacularly on Country Week: Anoop Desai, Matt Giraud, Jorge Nunez, Jasmine Murray, and Lil Rounds

•Final Four: Lil Rounds, Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey, Anoop Desai

•Final Two: Danny Gokey, Anoop Desai

•Winner: Anoop Desai

Luckily for me these are "predictions" and not "prophecies" and I'm not an Old Testament prophet facing the threat of stoning if my prophecy fails to come true! If Anoop gets the boot tonight, I can write another post explaining why (the Bobby Jindal factor??) and adjusting my predictions. Eventually I'll get to the point where I have a 50% chance of being right!

Oh, one final note: These are predictions based on who I think Everybody Else wants to win. I don't know yet who I want to win, and I did not participate in the voting last night. I do know that I don't want ANY of them to sing any more Michael Jackson songs...bleccchhhhh....

2 comments:

mymarkdesigns said...

LOL! Michael Jackson night was pretty bad, wasn't it? I think Adam, Alexis, or Danny will win.

rebecca said...

Adam's going to win. He's like High School Musical all grown up. Or something.

Plus Andrea and I were amused by the way he gasped at the girls in the front row very loudly in the middle of his song.