Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kitchen Progress Update

I wish there was something more interesting I could post about, but this is our life right now. If you've been reading this blog for any length of time you know what happens when I promise better posts to come...so I'm not going to do that.

At some point last weekend I thought we were so far ahead of our schedule that we'd be done by tomorrow. Ha ha! Well, we are not behind at this point, so good for us, I guess. Most of the lower cabinets are now in place. Tom and Colin are assembling the uppers today, so that they can install them tomorrow when Natalie's at home to help.

There have been amazingly few problems thus far. I attribute this mainly to Tom. He thought and planned and researched this all out ahead of time, and has been anticipating almost every tricky situation we've run into. I wouldn't recommend taking on a project like this unless you either are, or are married to, someone like him...perfectionistic, stubborn, persistent, and extremely patient.

Some pictures of where we've been and what's happened so far, although these don't accurately reflect the current status. Natalie took more pics last night, but they are still on the camera.
















No comments: